In 2007 the trustees began to study expanding the Narthex, and subsequently formed the Sanctuary/Narthex Expansion Committee in 2008. WKWW Architects, the firm the committee engaged in 2009, held focus groups to discuss the project; the feedback received indicated the need for a larger plan for expansion.
The committee, renamed to Facilities Master Planning Committee (FMPC), continued to work with the architectural firm to develop plans for a building expansion which would include the following:
- Increasing current Sanctuary capacity from 925 seats to approximately 1150 seats including expanding the choir loft to 98 seats.
- Increasing the chancel area to accommodate an expanded music ministry.
- Updating the Sanctuary with new lighting, sound, and aesthetics.
- Constructing a new Narthex as part of a three-story building, including expanded areas for gathering, a welcome center, and registration areas.
- Adding up to 15 new Sunday School rooms for continued growth in Bible study classes.
- Adding new restrooms closer to the Sanctuary and Narthex.
- Adding a new Parlor/Bride’s Room/Family Room for Funerals.
- Adding an elevator to provide easy access to the Sanctuary from the parking area.
- Connecting all of the current buildings on all three levels.
- Adding a connector hall from the current choir suite to the chancel area.